Biomolecular Interactions and Crystallography
The core facility provides services leading to biophysical characterization of biomolecules, to study (bio)molecular interactions and to determine structure of biomolecules via X-ray crystallography. It is equipped with the instrumentation to perform a basic characterization of physical properties of the molecules (analytical ultracentrifugation, analytical size-exclusion chromatography, dynamic light scattering, CD spectroscopy, differential scanning calorimetry, differential scanning fluorimetry, small angle X-ray scattering), to study thermodynamics and/or kinetics of interactions (isothermal titration calorimetry, surface plasmon resonance, bio-layer interferometry, microscale thermophoresis, analytical ultracentrifugation), and with a complete pipeline to determine 3D structure of biomolecules (crystallization robotics, X-ray diffractometer).
- Analytical ultracentrifuges Optima AUC, ProteomLab XL-I
- Surface plasmon resonance BiaCore S200
- Bio-layer interferometer Octet RED96e
- Calorimeters Auto PEAQ-ITC, Auto PEAQ-DSC, VP-ITC, VP-DSC
- Microscale thermophoresis Monolith NT.115, Monolith NT.115 Pico
- Cell sorter CytoFLEX
- Circular dichroism spectrometer J-815 equipped with fluorescence detector
- Differential scanning fluorimeter Prometheus NT.48 with aggregation detection optics
- Analytical size-exclusion chromatograph OmniSEC with UV-VIS, RALS/LALS, RI and viscometer detectors
- Dynamic light scattering SpectroLight 600 Plate Reader, DelsaMax Core
- Rigaku BioSAXS-2000 SAXS camera for small angle X-ray scattering from solutions of biological macromolecules
- Crystallization and pipetting robotics (Phoenix, Mosquito LCP, DragonFly, epMotion, sciFLEXARRAYER)
- Automated Plate Storage and Inspection SpectroQ + SpectroLight 610 (4°C and 20°C)
- Rigaku HighFlux HomeLab™ robotized macromolecular diffraction system with ACTOR sample changer optimized for work at Cu-Kα wavelength
- Studies of physical properties of the molecules
- Characterization of (bio)molecular interactions including thermodynamics and/or kinetics parameters
- High throughput screening and optimization of crystallization
- Collection of diffraction data from crystals of biological macromolecules at home source
- Basic characterization of physical properties of the molecules (analytical ultracentrifugation, analytical size-exclusion chromatography, dynamic light scattering, CD spectroscopy, differential scanning calorimetry, differential scanning fluorimetry)
- Studying of thermodynamics and/or kinetics of interactions (isothermal titration calorimetry, surface plasmon resonance, bio-layer interferometry, microscale thermophoresis, analytical ultracentrifugation)
- Crystallization of biomolecules and their complexes
- In-house diffraction experiments with macromolecular crystal samples – screening, data collection
- Complex multi-step experiments as e.g. SAD/MAD diffraction measurement with Se-Met derivatives; data collection and/or solving of structures
Core Facility contact
Josef Houser – email@example.com
Do you want to use this equipment or services?
Do you want to know more about facility?
More information about Core Facility Biomolecular Interactions and Crystallography and related services you can find in document Equipement and services of CIISB.