6th Open Call for Instruct-ERIC Internships
The Instruct Internship Programme funds research visits of 3-6 months duration to Instruct Centres in Europe. The aim is to facilitate valuable collaborations with Instruct research groups applying techniques that are not available in the applicant’s laboratory. Applications should specifically focus on the benefit to the applicant’s research. Internships may be hosted at any institution that hosts an Instruct Centre, providing the applicant is a resident of a different full Instruct member country at the time of making the application.
- Internships cover travel plus subsistence of the intern only and not of dependents.
- Applicants should be pre-doctoral scientists (PhD students) and early-stage postdoctoral fellows
- Internships are awarded for exchanges between laboratories in different countries.
- Proposals must have the approval of the hosting Institution or Department.
- Internships should be taken within one year of the award.
- The home laboratory (applicant’s usual workplace) must be within an Instruct Member country.
- On completion of the internship applicants must return to their home laboratory.
The 6th call opened in October 2018, and the deadline for applications is 21 December 2018.
New CIISB Newsletter just has been published
We proudly inform that Newsletter 2019 just has been published and is available on our web pages.
New microscope laboratory at the Cryo-electron microscopy core facility at CEITEC MU
The reconstruction of the Cryo-electron microscopy and tomography core facility laboratories which took place during autumn 2018 was finished in December.
PSB SYMPOSIUM "MACROMOLECULES IN ACTION"
The aim of this meeting is to illustrate how the big biological questions are resolved by combining key methods in structural biology (eg X-ray and neutron crystallography, cryo-EM, NMR and small angle scattering - SAXS and SANS)
Ten Million Euro for Access to European Proteomics Facilities
The European Union has awarded 10 million euro to a consortium of eighteen European research groups in the field of mass spectrometry-based proteomics research throughout Europe.