6th Open Call for Instruct-ERIC Internships now open
The Instruct Internship Programme funds research visits of 3-6 months duration to Instruct Centres in Europe. The aim is to facilitate valuable collaborations with Instruct research groups applying techniques that are not available in the applicant’s laboratory. Applications should specifically focus on the benefit to the applicant’s research. Internships may be hosted at any institution that hosts an Instruct Centre, providing the applicant is a resident of a different full Instruct member country at the time of making the application.
- Internships cover travel plus subsistence of the intern only and not of dependents.
- Applicants should be pre-doctoral scientists (PhD students) and early-stage postdoctoral fellows
- Internships are awarded for exchanges between laboratories in different countries.
- Proposals must have the approval of the hosting Institution or Department.
- Internships should be taken within one year of the award.
- The home laboratory (applicant’s usual workplace) must be within an Instruct Member country.
- On completion of the internship applicants must return to their home laboratory.
The 6th call opened in October 2018, and the deadline for applications is 21 December 2018.
Instruct Training program
We are pleased to announce that the Call for proposals for Instruct Centre Training Courses (to be held in 2019) is now open.
New cryo-TEM at CEITEC MU
New mid-range 200 kV transmission electron microscope for cryo-electron microscopy has been installed at Cryo-electron microscopy and tomography core facility CEITEC Masaryk University.
New state-of-the-art SAXSpoint 2.0 instrument installed at the Centre of Molecular Structure
The Petr Sedmera Award for 2018 was presented
Annually presented price for outstanding work published in the area of nuclear magnetic resonance in memory of Petr Sedmera, a renowned scientist who greatly contributed to the development of the field.