6th Open Call for Instruct-ERIC Internships
The Instruct Internship Programme funds research visits of 3-6 months duration to Instruct Centres in Europe. The aim is to facilitate valuable collaborations with Instruct research groups applying techniques that are not available in the applicant’s laboratory. Applications should specifically focus on the benefit to the applicant’s research. Internships may be hosted at any institution that hosts an Instruct Centre, providing the applicant is a resident of a different full Instruct member country at the time of making the application.
- Internships cover travel plus subsistence of the intern only and not of dependents.
- Applicants should be pre-doctoral scientists (PhD students) and early-stage postdoctoral fellows
- Internships are awarded for exchanges between laboratories in different countries.
- Proposals must have the approval of the hosting Institution or Department.
- Internships should be taken within one year of the award.
- The home laboratory (applicant’s usual workplace) must be within an Instruct Member country.
- On completion of the internship applicants must return to their home laboratory.
The 6th call opened in October 2018, and the deadline for applications is 21 December 2018.
What to do when your grant is rejected
Losing out on a grant hurts, but don’t lose heart — average success rates are around 20% among large funders, so grant rejection is common. Discover how to bounce back, find alternative funding and boost your chances of success next time.
Revolutionary cryo-EM is taking over structural biology
The number of protein structures being determined by cryo-electron microscopy is growing at an explosive rate. A report published by Nature on February 10, 2020 says that a revolutionary technique for determining the 3D shape of biomacromolecules is booming. Last week, a database that collects protein and other molecular structures determined by cryo-electron microscopy, or cryo-EM, acquired its 10,000th entry.
Registration for Advanced methods in macromolecular crystallization IX is now open
Proposed deadline for applications for this course which is focused on theoretical aspects of crystal growth process as well as practical work is March 20th 2020.
Instruct-ERIC Training call now open
Call for proposals for Instruct Centre Training Courses to be held in 2020 is now open.