4th National Day of Large Research Infrastructures
The Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports of the Czech Republic and the Faculty of Mathematics and Physics of Charles University are honoured to invite you to take part in the 4th National Day of Large Research Infrastructures, to be held on 19th November 2019 in the premises of LINDAT/CLARIAH-CZlarge research infrastructure.
This year´s conference programme will include in particular:
- Presentation of the 2019 update of Roadmap of Large Research Infrastructures of the Czech Republic for the years 2016-2022 with an outlook for the agenda development until 2030;
- High-level strategy debate of Ministerial representatives on benefits that the large research infrastructures bring to meet the socioeconomic priorities of the Czech Republic;
- Clustering of European research infrastructures as an instrument of finding joint solutions to common challenges by capitalising on synergies and developing joint strategy approaches;
- Merging the large research infrastructures of the Czech Republic into multi-node consortia in view of the capacity building and extending portfolio of services offered to user community.
- Date: Tuesday, 19th November 2019
- Venue: Charles University, Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Prague
- Contact: 4thLRIsNationalDay@msmt.cz
You can find more here.
What to do when your grant is rejected
Losing out on a grant hurts, but don’t lose heart — average success rates are around 20% among large funders, so grant rejection is common. Discover how to bounce back, find alternative funding and boost your chances of success next time.
Revolutionary cryo-EM is taking over structural biology
The number of protein structures being determined by cryo-electron microscopy is growing at an explosive rate. A report published by Nature on February 10, 2020 says that a revolutionary technique for determining the 3D shape of biomacromolecules is booming. Last week, a database that collects protein and other molecular structures determined by cryo-electron microscopy, or cryo-EM, acquired its 10,000th entry.
Registration for Advanced methods in macromolecular crystallization IX is now open
Proposed deadline for applications for this course which is focused on theoretical aspects of crystal growth process as well as practical work is March 20th 2020.
Instruct-ERIC Training call now open
Call for proposals for Instruct Centre Training Courses to be held in 2020 is now open.