X-ray Diffraction and Bio-SAXS
X-ray Diffraction and Bio-SAXS core facility is equipped with top-class instruments for diffraction experiments with single crystal samples focused on the determination of the 3-D structure of (macro) molecules down to atomic resolution and for small angle X-ray scattering (SAXS) experiments with isotropically scattering samples focused on determination of the shape and size of macromolecules or nanoparticles.
- Rigaku HighFlux HomeLab™ robotized macromolecular diffraction system with ACTOR sample changer optimized for work at Cu-Kα wavelength
- Rigaku HighFlux HomeLab™ universal, dual wavelength (Mo-Kα and Cu-Kα) diffractometer
- Rigaku BioSAXS-1000 SAXS camera for small angle X-ray scattering from solutions of biological macromolecules
- Determination of a low resolution 3-D shape of biological macromolecules by SAXS
- Testing of the diffraction quality of protein crystals, derivatives, etc. prior to data collection
- Collection of diffraction data from crystals of biological macromolecules at home source
- Data collection and solving of the crystal structures with non-biological single crystals
- Screening for the best diffracting protein crystal
- In-house diffraction experiments with macromolecular crystal samples
- Organization and coordination of diffraction experiment at the large scale diffraction facilities abroad
- Complex multi-step experiments as e.g. SAD/MAD diffraction measurement with Se-Met derivatives; data collection and/or solving of structures of "small molecules" (with Mr <5*103)
Core Facility contact
Jaromír Marek, Ph.D. - email@example.com
More information about Josef Dadok National NMR Centre and related services you can find in document Equipement and services of CIISB (page 17).